Nomadic Devotion Books is an Indie publishing house devoted to releasing literature that inspires its readers to walk a conscious path through life. This includes the following sub-genres of creative nonfiction: memoirs, travel narratives, essay collections and unique works on gastronomy. Our editors are aficionados of writing that deeply addresses the themes of spirituality and locality. We also release limited edition artistic collaborations between writers and musicians that open up new avenues for patrons to appreciate the interplay of words and sound.
Our publishing house values writers who have both formal and experiential education in their discipline; authors who have worked extensively and innovatively within their field of inquiry. We seek writers who bring a fresh perspective and unique literary style to the way they communicate their knowledge in order to holistically inform and entertain readers.
Nomadic Devotion Books is conscious of both what we publish and how we publish it. We have created an enviro-friendly grassroots business model that includes offset printing our books in the U.S.A. on 100% post-consumer recycled paper with non-toxic plant-based inks and animal free glue.
Our books are distributed to bookstores and retailers throughout North America by the Independent Publishers Group (IPG). Bookstores and libraries can also order our titles through Ingram and Baker & Taylor. Also, we are a member of the Independent Book Publisher's Association.
Blue Collar Nomad Tour
Listen to author Jake Kaida and pianist Matthew Tavis Johnson on NPR's KLCC in Eugene, Oregon.
- Author Paul W. Jacob and classical Spanish guitarist Jacqueline Henry-Ross will begin their five date New York tour on Friday October 27th.
- Paul W. Jacob's book, Nomadic Devotion: A Contemplative Inquiry into the Poetics of Place, is now in its third printing.
- Paul W. Jacob will read and speak at the Toxic or Sacred Farming event at The Faculty Club on the campus of Rollins College on May 10th.
- Paul W. Jacob will be a featured speaker at Central Florida Earth Day on Saturday April 22nd at Lake Eola Park in Orlando. He will speak at 11 A.M. and at 3 P.M. in the Speakers Tent.
- Paul W. Jacob will read from Nomadic Devotion and then sign books at Somewhere Along the Way Art Gallery in Micanopy, Florida, on Sunday March 12th at 1 P.M.
- Paul Jacob will read from Nomadic Devotion while accompanied by classical guitarist Jacqueline Henry-Ross at the Bush Auditorium on the campus of Rollins College on Thursday November 3rd at 7 P.M..
- Listen to Paul Jacob as he shares his new book Nomadic Devotion with Rollins College A Dialogue with Voice.
- Nomadic Devotion: A Contemplative Inquiry into the Poetics of Place will be released throughout North America in January 2017.
- Miami Session, a musical collaboration between the late jazz pianist Eddie Higgins and writer Paul W. Jacob has been released in a limited edition format.
- There are now less than 10 copies of the Blue Collar Nomad Literary Soundtrack Project left. We thank all of our patrons for making this unique creative collaboration a tremendous success. Order yours today before they're all gone.
- Paul Jacob performed selections from his literary work accompanied by The Beat Trio at Bush Auditorium on Rollins College on Wednesday April 27th. The night was a huge success, as there were over 100 people in attendance, and Nomadic Devotion Books raised money for a local food bank.
- Jake Kaida is a featured artist at Somewhere Along the Way, an art gallery in Micanopy, where he will also lead a workshop on The Power of Place in Art and Life on Saturday April 16th at 4:00 P.M..
- Check out the article in The University of Florida's student newspaper, Independent Florida Alligator, on Jake Kaida.
- Nomadic Devotion Books is now accepting submissions for two books: Poetics of Place (San Francisco) and The Acoustics of Place. Go to Submit for more details.
- Jake Kaida sold 30 signed copies of Blue Collar Nomad at Sherman's Maine Books in Portland. Blue Collar Nomad is now available at all six Sherman's locations throughout Maine.
- NDB gains North American distribution from IPG.
- West Coast Tour was a huge success from San Francisco, CA, to Seattle, WA.
Click on the images to view product details.